St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, Erbsville
To St Paul’s Members and Friends,
We are excited to invite you to join us as we resume in-person worship on Sunday September 19, 2021 at 11:00 a.m.
Thereafter, we will continue with our usual rotation of service by worshipping at 9:30 am on Sunday, September 26.
Our time at church will look and feel much different as we become accustomed to new ways of gathering. While we look forward to hosting in-person worship, it’s unrealistic to expect things to be as they were before the pandemic. We will also continue to offer on-line services for those who don’t feel comfortable at in-person worship and it will air the following week on our website: stpaulserbsville.ca
We ask you to follow these practices when you join us for worship:
1. You are asked to self-screen before making your way to church. If you feel unwell, you have travelled in the last 14 days, or have been exposed to someone with Covid 19, please do not attend the service.
2. We will need to register your name and phone number for Public Health contact tracing. Sanitized pencils will be available, and please print legibly.
3. Maintain a 2 meter distance from people who are not in your family bubble.
4. Wear a mask at all times through-out the service (in accordance with the Waterloo Region Bylaw). Masks will be available for those who need one.
5. There will be hand sanitizer available at the front door. You must use the hand sanitizer upon entering the vestibule of the church.
6. As you enter the church itself an usher will direct you to suitable seating. We will be using every 2nd pew to satisfy our need of physical distancing. Pews not in use will be roped-off. Members of family bubbles will sit as a group, of course.
7. Communion will not be included in our service in the foreseeable future.
8. There will be music in our worship along with soft singing and spoken responses with masks on.
9. Do not gather in the vestibule before or after worship as this will make it difficult for others to enter or exit the building. We are blessed with 2 large grassed areas and a parking lot outside in the fresh air to enjoy the company of others.
10. At the end of the service Pastor Olaf will ask members to leave by the last pews first and then the rest follow one pew at a time.
11. The Offering plate will be at the inside entrance of the church where you are greeted – not passed from person to person.
12. Hymnals will be used and are to be left on your bench after service so they may be sanitized.
If you have any questions please contact Pastor Olaf at 519-725-3023 or David Kachik at 519-746-5661 or Craig Bailey at 519-2600-0812.
St. Paul’s Church Council
August 29, 2021